This is something I have struggled with over the years. I am an off again on again vegetarian. I rationalise it out
- I don’t eat pork …well – exception organic free range bacon – how can I give up my bacon and some smoked ham (see – already I am in trouble)
- I do not eat veal at all and never have
- I do not eat much beef – grass fed no hormones locally butchered or fully organic when I can find it (in trouble again)
- Lamb – rarely too expensive
- Free range organic chickens mostly .. except when I eat KFC 3 or 4 times a year ….
See how much I struggle. My body feels better when I don’t eat meat. I feel lighter and healthier. There is a huge problem I don’t like some veggies, am allergic to mushrooms and cannot tolerate a lot of nuts.
Now do you see my dilemma? Today I found this wonderful post http://www.lamayeshe.com/article/becoming-vegan-when-vegetarian-not-enough
I am about to give it another try , in the meantime
Milk and dairy – I buy local milk have been to the dairy the cows are free-range -Cheese is my downfall and I use Nutlex – they say they use a small amount of sustainable palm oil – more issues . Rarely drink milk.
Eggs – free range organic and local (when I can) but always free range organic – cheaper than meat. I used to collect the eggs on the farm when I was a kid – rationalising again.
Anyway if you will pardon the pun – food for thought